Last updated Saturday September 23rd, 2017
This Company is a scam
They suck. Don\'t get tricked into to buying them.
The person who sold us the satellite completely misled us and lied to us.
1) they didn\'t tell us that there we were going to be two satellites (directv and exede)
2) they said it was verizon (never mentioned exede)
3) they didn\'t mention the limit on GBs
4) we ran out of GBs in the FIRST DAY of service
5) we called to cancel the service once we realized we had been misled. They refused to give us our money back when we spoke with customer service. They are charging us for the two years.
6) They didn\'t tell us that the service is best in rural areas where there is no DSL.
7) the sales person convinced her to cancel unlimited DSL for the verizon/exede\'s service citing faster speeds.
8) It was ridiculous for them to even consider the service
9) They expect my 62 year-old mother to climb on the roof and take off the dish.
Response: Email address verified.
This has been my best internet service ever. I've tried a variety of options (3G, DSL) and they were spotty at best out here in the boonies. With Exede I have not had that problem it has been rock solid and very smooth. I leave one star off because I always think there is room for improvement with anything.
From every aspect Exceed has been horrible. You wait on line forever for customer service or technical support. When you finally reach them they are very uncaring and supportive. The internet service it self is very slow, not like they advertise. I am lucky to get over 2.5 mbs.
Absolutely the worst of any Internet service. Where do I begin???
1. They lie about the company name. (I decided against wildblue due to the horrible reviews) only n find out that it is the SAME company as Exede and Viasat.
2. They charge EVERYTHING! if their crappy box goes out you must pay for it!! Oh yeah...insurance is a $20 monthly fee
3. We all love 2 year contracts!! How about a fat $300+ cancellation fee...
4. I calculated using Internet 22 minutes per day for 28 days and they say I went over my usage????? Tat was only because it was such slow service
5. DO NOT USE THEM!!!! I will post this on every review site imaginable. Besides I am at my friends house with unlimited Internet!!!
Very slow loading
I trade in the stock markets. Instantaneous executions are how I earn my income. Exede may be fast to download movies, but takes 8 to 9 seconds to load a page, then another 8 to 9 seconds to get to the trade page, then another 8 to 9 seconds to submit the order. By then, the price has changed. Fast downloads are useless, unless the page downloads are fast too.
I cannot recommend EXEDE to anyone who needs a really fast internet service. 12 Mbps is total BS.
Signed up for Exede 6 months ago and have been enjoying it ever since. We have a midrange wireless router and it has worked will with Exede. My boy uses Exede with his Nexus 7 tablet and I use Exede with my Kindle Fire HD and my HP laptop.
Overall I have no complaints. 🙂
COMPANY IS A SCAM!!!!
we signed up for via sat through DirecTV. At the time we signed up we weren't told the name of the company, or their contact number. We were just told it was satellite internet. We expressed that we wanted wireless internet. They were scheduled to arrive on a Saturday to install between 12-5. They arrived at 11:15, and we were not home. The installer called and I informed him we would be there within 20 mins. He decided to install the satellite on the roof before we arrived home. Once we were home he came in and ran the wires inside the house. When he was finished we asked what the wires were for. He said to connect to the computer. We informed him it was supposed to be wireless, at which time he said they don't offer wireless, and that we had to take it up with DirecTV...and he left. We called DirecTV and they referred us to ViaSat. We called ViaSat within 1 hour of their installer leaving. The representative informed me that since their installer left that entered us into a two year contract. I informed her that I NEVER saw a contract, or signed a contract, and that their rep left me with nothing. She informed me that it was on thier website....UH HELLO, I don't have internet service so how would I be able to see it. I informed her of that also. She basically told me TOO BAD!!! She said so do you want to cancel? I said yes, this isn't what I asked for...long story short I ended up with a $360.00 cancellation fee that escalated to a manager. They dropped that in half because their installer started installing equipment before I got home. They proceeded to tell me they wanted the Tria off the roof. I informed them I have a two story home with no way to get on the roof. They said they would send an installer out free of charge to get it. I received the box to return the stuff. The UPS label wasn't in the box, and an installer had never arrived to take the TRIA off the roof. I called again to be informed they weren't sending anyone out free of charge if I wanted them to do it there was a charge of $125. The rep said she would send me a new package with the UPS label...well it arrived today and still no UPS label. I called again...so now we are waiting on the third package, and a rep to take the TRIA off the roof, but this time at no charge. WE will see what happens. I've been informed that if the equipment isn't back within 20 days although their paper says 30 that I will be charged $300. I also forgot to mention I had to pay $49 for them to come out initially which they wont refund. I am contacting the better business bureau, and maybe the attorney general. I just saw all the bad reviews about this site. I think everyone needs to do the same so we can all get out money back from this joke of a company.
Good for education
I got this so I could do my remaining online college classes from home instead of having to go to a friends or the library. It has worked perfectly even when fellow classmates had trouble with their DSL. Recommended if you are doing online courses like I am.
Never use them.. they lie to get u to sign then don't deliver..used internet for 8 hours and went over months usage...cancelled first day and had to call bank to cancel debit card..
Exede is a dang fine service and I use it for my business every day. I do online video and I never thought internet would be fast enough for me to do my work where I live. Now I make a lot more money than I ever did without online video as part of my show. Overall I would rate it six stars if I could because it makes me 10x what it costs each month so I am a happy girl. xoxoxoxoxo -Molly